We have high safety standards for vehicles on the Via platform, which include meeting any and all city or state requirements.
- Vehicles must have 4 doors and at least 5 seats.
- Vehicles must have working AC and windows.
- Vehicles must pass a routine safety inspection.
- To comply with the D.C. Department of For-Hire Vehicles (DFHV) regulations, vehicles must be 10 years old (model year 2011) or newer at entry into service, or 12 years old (model year 2009) or newer if registered prior.
- Vehicles cannot be taxicabs or commercial vehicles.
- Vehicles cannot have an active “Do Not Drive” recall notice.
- To comply with Virginia regulations that bar the use of salvage vehicles on Via’s platform, Via runs salvage vehicle checks on all vehicles. A salvaged vehicle is one that records suggest has been damaged by a collision or accident, fire, flood, theft, or other occurrence where the cost of repairs would exceed the car’s value. To learn more about Virginia’s regulations, you can find more information here.
Need a vehicle? Ask about our Vehicle Leasing options.